Well, that’s it, I suppose.
I leave you, dear reader, with my final thoughts on Beaver Island for the year 2014:
1) Next year I will boodle. On purpose. I may have partially boodled, depending on your definition, but next time it’s getting done right.
2) The mosquitoes are many, and frightening in a lizard-brain sort of way, but potentially impotent. Very little itching. Still I would highly recommend avoiding passing out in the woods. Or near the woods. Or outside at all for that matter. I think enough of them could carry you away never to be seen again, or to be found as a dry husk; like a big strip of bland pork jerky wearing a Howler Bros shirt and a pair of Keens.
3) The lady that makes the beaver pelt koozies is totally awesome, a professional, and will drink all your bourbon.
4) Next year I will rig and keep on hand a rod with a pike leader.
5) I maintain that the roast beef and horseradish wrap is the best boat lunch, but the ham wrap is a close second.
6) I also maintain that it was a good thing I didn’t ring the bell at the Stoney, but someday I will.
7) Lighthouses are neat. And seven is a good number to end on.
On this day I thank:
All who read, shared, and commented over the last five days. It has been a pleasure creating for you.
-Alex who is grateful.
That is all I have, as Mr. Gump said, to say about that.